Who are we?
ToucanTech Ltd (“we
”) is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 08793687) with its registered office at Murphy Salisbury, 15 Warwick Road, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6YW, UK and its operational headquarters in London, UK. We service customers internationally but use English law as our governing law and abide by EU data protection legislation.What do we do?
ToucanTech provides a cloud-based database and website software which organisations use to manage a range of communications and administrative activities. The ToucanTech system has been built with careful consideration to data management and security, in terms of both the functional design of the product and our processes for handling data.
ToucanTech is registered with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) - reference ZA050337 - as a data processor to run our customers' databases and as a data controller for our own sales, marketing and customer support data.This customer support website
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and any subsequent UK legislation covering data protection, the data controller in this Policy is ToucanTech.
Most of our customers (but not all) choose to join the online support community by registering on this website and creating an online profile. In both instances (customers with offline database records and customers with online profiles), we collect and store personal information (or “data”) about you. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this Policy sets out what information we collect about you, where and how we use (“process”) it.
This Policy relates specifically to data collected and processed for customer support purposes. We have other policies relating to data privacy:
- Our customer agreements, which cover our responsibilities for processing customers' data
- Our internal information security policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. We will announce any significant changes on this website or by contacting you directly with the information. Please check this page occasionally to make sure you are happy with any changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy or concerning your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. What type of personal information we collect
The information we have about you depends on where we collect it, but may include:
Where we collect information from
- Date of birth
- Work/ Education history
- Participation in our events, emails, competitions, surveys and other activities
- Geo-location data (your geographical location based on your IP address)
- Log-ins and activity on this website and other websites managed by ToucanTech
- Consent options and communication preferences
- Content (such as announcements, stories, photos, documents, comments, events, jobs) that you post on this website or other websites managed by ToucanTech, or that you provide to us by other means
- Customer support, training and account management logs
We collect personal information when you:
How we use your information
- visit this website or other websites managed by ToucanTech
- create or update your online profile, log-in and interact on this website or other websites managed by ToucanTech
- post content on to this website or other websites and social media sites managed by ToucanTech
- take part in an event that we organise, such as a training webinar
- attend a meeting with us and provide us with information
- contact us in any way including online, email, phone, SMS, social media or post
We will use your personal information in a number of ways, always with a legal basis for processing your data. These may include:
Our legal basis for processing your information
- providing you with the information or updates that you have asked for
- logging your questions, requests or feedback so that we can track these interactions and respond to you
- sending you communications that may be of interest, including invites to training events and product update newsletters
- delivering our obligations under our contract between us
- seeking your views on the services or activities we carry out, so that we can make improvements
- recording some telephone support conversations for our internal training and monitoring purposes
- sharing examples of the way you use your ToucanTech software ('best practice') with other organisations
- updating our database records and ensuring we know how you prefer to be contacted
- analysing your engagement with our website and other content to help us improve our services for you
The use of your information for the purposes set out above is lawful because one or more of the following applies:
Updating your consent preferences
- you have given us your consent for the information to be used
- it is necessary for us to hold and use your information to carry out our obligations under the contract entered into with you
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests to hold and use your information and we are not impacting your privacy by doing so
If you have an online profile on this website, you can update your consent options by logging-in and clicking on “My Settings” in your profile - at the tope you'll see ‘Consent options’ where you will see a list of consents and the options “opt-in”, “opt-out” and “unspecified”.
If you click ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of one of our emails sent you will be automatically opted-out of these types of email communications in the future.
Please be aware that we will not be able to provide the full ToucanTech service or commit to meeting our obligations under our licence agreement with you if you do not read our customer update emails or stay abreast of our regular product enhancements.
If you want to speak with us about your consent preferences please contact the ToucanTech support team at email@example.com How we keep your information safe
We understand the importance of keeping your personal information secure and take appropriate steps to safeguard it.
Your data is stored on a dedicated, secure cloud server hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the EU with Industry standard firewalls, anti-virus, encryption and back-up methods in place, as well as strict data handling protocols.
We always ensure only authorised persons have access to your information, which means only our approved employees and contractors, and that everyone who has access is appropriately trained in data management.
If you have an online profile for this website you are responsible for keeping your login details (email and password) confidential and we ask that you do not share your password with anyone.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. So, whilst we strive to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online and you do this at your own risk. Who has access to your information?
- Third parties who provide services for us, for example our customer support ticketing and phone line provider. We select our third-party service providers with care. We provide these third parties with the information that is necessary to provide the service and we will have an agreement in place that requires them to operate with the same care over data protection as we do
- Third parties if we run an event in conjunction with them. We will let you know how your data is used when you register for any event
- Web hosting, email hosting, analytics and search engine providers that enable us to run our community database and improve our website and its use
- Third parties in connection with restructuring or reorganisation of our operations, for example if we merge with another business. In such event, we will take steps to ensure your privacy rights will be protected by the third party
Other than this, we will not share your information with other organisations without your consent. Keeping your information up to date
Please would you let us know if your contact details change. Online members can update your details directly by logging-in to the website and clicking on ‘My Settings’ under your profile. You can also update your details by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org Cookies
The law states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of the website, but that for all others we need your permission to do so.
The list below explains the cookies we use and why:
Opting out of cookies
|Cookie Description ||Name ||Purpose |
|Session Cookie ||ToucanTech_Member_Code |
|Used to remember you as you travel from page to page in a single session (without leaving the website) in order to provide a continuous and unified experience |
|Functional Cookie ||ToucanTech_Identify ||Used to remember your login details when you return to the website after previously logging out, by storing them in your browser. This cookie is turned off by default and is only activated when you select the ‘Remember Me’ check box during login. |
If you do not wish to receive cookies from us or any other website, you should be able to turn cookies off on your web browser: please follow your browser provider’s instruction in order to do so. Unfortunately, we cannot accept liability for any malfunctioning of your computer or its installed web browser as a result of any attempt to turn off cookies.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org
. Use of aggregated data
Where data can be aggregated and anonymised, we might use this for research purposes without restriction. For example, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage, response rates and data trends to help make improvement to the website software. We are entitled to do this because the resulting data will not personally identify you and will therefore no longer constitute personal data for the purposes of data protection laws. How long we keep your information for
We will hold your personal information for as long as you are a customer of ToucanTech and, thereafter, for as long as it is necessary for our audit, analysis and internal training purposes.
After you cease being a customer of ToucanTech, if you ask us to stop contacting you, we will keep a record of your contact details and limited information needed to ensure we comply with your request. If you ask us to remove your personal data from our database we will delete all the information we hold apart from your name and the dates that you attended [organisation] and archive your record in our database. Your rights
You have the right to request details of how we use your personal information through making a subject access request - please contact email@example.com to make such a request.
If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your information you can make a complaint to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the UK's Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) - further details can be found here
The ToucanTech team
This Policy was last updated in June 2019